Whenever you use the Services, you agree that these Terms of Service will control the relationship between you and Pixelvex. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions, you must not use our Services.
- IP right — Any intellectual property right, including but not limited to any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, industrial design right, database right, software, idea, concept, method, invention, Content, Item, or combinations thereof.
- Service or Services — Any game, website, and other related services by Pixelvex and its affiliates.
- Terms of Service or Term — These terms of service
- Virtual Goods— Digital material Pixelvex may make available under certain restrictions. Including, but not limited to gold, gold coins, and coins.
- OWNERSHIP AND LIMITED LICENSE — SERVICES LICENSED NOT SOLD
- Ownership. All rights, title and interest in and to the Services (including without limitation any games, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, documentation, in-game chat transcripts, character profile information, recordings of games played using a Pixelvex game client, and the Pixelvex game clients and server software) are owned or licensed by Pixelvex. Pixelvex reserves all rights, including without limitation, all intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, in connection with its games and the Service.
- License. Subject to your agreement and continuing compliance with these Terms of Service and any other relevant Pixelvex policies, Pixelvex grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable limited license, subject to the limitations in these Terms, to access and use the Services for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes. You agree to not use the Services for any other purpose.
- License Limitations. Any use of the Services in violation of these License Limitations is strictly prohibited, and may result in the immediate revocation of your limited license and may subject you to liability for violations of law. Further, we may delete accounts that are deemed inactive. "Inactive" will be defined by Pixelvex based on average usage of the Services from other users.
- You acknowledge you will not directly or indirectly:
- Partake in any activity or action that Pixelvex deems to be against the spirit or intent of the Services.
- Copy, distribute or reproduce any Service or related content.
- Attempt to harass, abuse, or harm, or advocate or incite harassment, abuse, or harm of another person, group, or Pixelvex itself.
- Initiate, assist, or become involved in any form of attack, including without limitation distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon the Service, or other attempts to disrupt the Service or other person's use or enjoyment of the Service.
- Make available through the Service any material or information that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other right of any person or entity or impersonates any other person, including without limitation a Pixelvex employee.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service not belonging to you.
- Unless modified or amended by Pixelvex, this agreement and its provisions shall remain in effect. Termination of any license granted by Pixelvex under this agreement does not affect any other provisions of this agreement.
- SERVICE AND AVAILABILITY
- You acknowledge that Pixelvex may in its sole and absolute discretion provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to any part of the Service.
- You acknowledge that admission to the Service may be interrupted for reasons within or beyond the control of Pixelvex, and that Pixelvex cannot and does not guarantee you will be able to use the Services whenever you wish to do so.
- ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS BY YOU YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PIXELVEL AND PIXELVEX AFFILIATES ARE NOT LIABLE
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Pixelvex, any third-parties under agreement with Pixelvex, any parent, subsidiary or affiliate of Pixelvex, and any employee, agent, supplier, licensee, customer, distributor, shareholder, director or officer of any of the foregoing, as well as any person using the Services and any person or entity that becomes aware of your use of the Services at any time, with respect to any and all claims, liabilities, injuries, damages, losses or expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs) that arise under, from or in any way, directly or indirectly, relate to:
- Your failure to comply with any provision of this agreement;
- Your use of the Services, including but not limited to economic, physical, emotional, psychological or privacy related considerations; and
- Your actions to knowingly affect the Services via any bloatware, malware, computer virus, worm, Trojan horse, spyware, adware, crimeware, scareware, rootkit or any other program installed in a way that executable code of any program is scheduled to utilize or utilizes processor cycles during periods of time when such program is not directly or indirectly being used.
- You acknowledge, and further agree, that Pixelvex has no obligation to defend, indemnify or hold harmless you in any way related to this agreement including, but not limited to, your use of the Services, use of the Services by any person, or any connection between the foregoing and any other person or entity that becomes aware of your use of the Services at any time.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Informal Resolution. With respect to the resolution of any controversy related to this agreement (hereinafter “Dispute”) you agree to try to resolve any Dispute informally for at least thirty (30) days before initiating any arbitration or other proceeding, including any legal proceeding in court or before an administrative agency.
- Mandatory Binding Arbitration. If you are not able to satisfactorily resolve a Dispute informally within a total of ninety (90) days or if Pixelvex, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines that it will not be possible to satisfactorily resolve that Dispute informally within a total of ninety (90) days, you agree that either you or Pixelvex may request resolution by final and fully binding arbitration conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association.
- The American Arbitration Association (AAA) will run the arbitration between you and Pixelvex, and AAA’s rules and procedures (including their Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes, if applicable) will be used. If something in these Terms is different than AAA’s rules and procedures, then we will follow these Terms instead. You can look at AAA’s rules and procedures on their website www.adr.org or you can call them at 1-800-778-7879.
- YOU UNDERSTAND, AND FURTHER AGREE, THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONSULT WITH INDEPENDENT LEGAL COUNSEL OF YOUR OWN CHOOSING REGARDING THIS AND ANY OTHER PROVISION IN THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT THIS BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION WILL ELIMINATE YOUR LEGAL RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND/OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUCH DISPUTE. Accordingly, you and Pixelvex agree that neither shall attempt to have any other Dispute related to any other party, including but not limited to any class action, joined to any arbitration in which you are involved. Thus, to the fullest extent permitted by law no arbitration proceeding shall be joined with any other or decided on a class-action basis.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
- It is your responsibility to read, understand and accept this agreement in connection with your use of the Services. You acknowledge that Pixelvex may make changes to the provisions of this agreement at any time and that Section headings in this agreement are for purposes of convenience only.
- Force Majeure. Both you and Pixelvex shall be excused from any failure to perform any obligation under this agreement to the extent such failure is caused by war, terrorism, acts of public enemies, strikes or other labor disturbances, fires, floods, acts of god, or any causes of like or different kind beyond the control of you or Pixelvex, as applicable under the circumstances.
- Waiver. Signed written consent from a legally authorized representative of Pixelvex is required to waive any provisions of this agreement. Any waiver of any provision of this agreement, intentional or otherwise, shall not be deemed a waiver of any other provisions of this agreement.
- Injunctive Relief. You and Pixelvex acknowledge that breach of this agreement may result in irreparable harm and loss, and upon a breach of this agreement the non-breaching party (i.e. you and/or Pixelvex) shall be entitled to immediate injunctive relief from a court of competent jurisdiction, which is in addition to, not in lieu of remedies at law and/or any other remedies set forth in this agreement.
- Governing Law and Venue. This agreement and any controversy related to this agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with and governed by the laws of the state of Iowa, or, as appropriate, by federal law as applied by a federal court sitting in Iowa, both without regard to Iowa choice of law rules.
(1) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL OR DATA, IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE; OR
(2) FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICE AND OPERATORS OF EXTERNAL SITES.
THE RISK OF USING THE SERVICE RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU AS DOES THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE SERVICE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY ANY LAW THAT APPLIES, THE DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY IN THESE TERMS APPLY TO ALL DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY THE SERVICE, OR RELATED TO USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE, UNDER ANY CAUSE OF ACTION IN ANY JURISDICTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTIONS FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE).
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF PIXELVEX AND/OR THE PIXELVEL AFFILIATES IS LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID PIXELVEL AND/OR THE PIXELVEL AFFILIATE IN THE ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DAYS (180) DAYS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT ANY SUCH CLAIM.
IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID PIXELVEX OR ANY PIXELVEX AFFILIATE ANY AMOUNT IN THE ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DAYS (180) DAYS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT ANY SUCH CLAIM, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH PIXELVEX AND/OR ANY PIXELVEX AFFILIATE IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE AND TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT.
Some states or countries do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitations/exclusions of liability described above. So these limitations/exclusions may not apply to you if you reside in one of those states or countries.